Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Invitation Progress!

Many of the details of the reception have not been hammered out, such as the menu and hotel. However, I wanted to get started on my multiple piece, time consuming invitations. The two most time and labor intensive pieces are the folder and the actual invite. Luckily I had all the information I needed on those pieces.

Materials:
White Card Stock
Copper Card Stock
Double Sided Adhesive
Paper Cutter (to save time, otherwise scissors or an exacto knife will work)
Bone Folder (you can substitute a pen with out the ink barrel and a popsicle stick)

The folder is on the left in the image, unfolded. The reverse side is a copper pattern. It will be folded in three and hold all the reception and ceremony details. (More on those pieces to come.) I purchased 80# cover paper from an online wholesaler and had them printed digitally. Then I scored the paper where the folds will be and cut them out.

For the white portion of the invitations I used the same paper and same printing method. I then purchased copper metallic card stock from a vendor online and trimmed it out to 5" x 7". I applied double sided adhesive to the white portion and then trimmed them out. The last step was to peel and stick!

I made 100 invites and folders, even though this is more than I will need. I assumed I would mess a bunch of them up, but I didn't (yet)!

I have a feeling, after all is said and done, these are not going to be cheap to mail. Anyone have to spend a fortune just to get their invites in the post?

No comments: