Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm Getting Married!

The first week of August 2004, Ryan and I went to New York to visit my sister. We had a great time staying in Chinatown and adventuring all over the city, it was Ryan's first visit. (My sister is the one on the left.)

On Saturday, Ryan and I had the day to ourselves. We spent the day hauling our stuff up to midtown and wandering about. We had dinner at a steak house and headed back to Central Park, this time sans sister and sister's boyfriend. It was a thousand degrees outside and for some reason Mr. Pineapple was wearing his heavy coat and not looking very comfortable. I let him lead the way through the park and then we stopped on the bow bridge.
When we were alone, Mr. Pineapple got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes and was on cloud nine. Turns out, he had to wear his coat because the box the ring came in was huge and it wouldn't fit in any of his other pockets!

Speaking of the ring:

Mr. Pineapple knows me well, that is for sure. He wanted to find something unique, but not over the top crazy. During his search he found the website of Gelin Abaci, and found out about rose gold. (Bookmark the link "accidentally" on your hopefully-future-husband's computer)
After deciding which style he liked he moved on to finding the diamond.

Gelin Abaci is located in California and the diamond was located in Chicago - the Pineapples are in Pittsburgh. So, he did everything online and over the phone working with the Chicago jeweler, Diamon Scaasi. He had a great experience with them, but never saw a thing until the ring was mailed to him! I don't know how he did it!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Oh that is SO unique! I could never pull it off, but I am sure it looks gorgeous on your pretty little finger.