Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Big Date

Mr. Pineapple and I will be married in Pittsburgh, PA on October 18th, 2008. (only 7 months away! oh my!) Picking the date was the hard part. Step 2, picking the colors, was the fun part.
We decided on Copper and Champagne both because they reminded us of rose gold and because they are perfect for fall.

Being a designer I was immediately excited about and afraid of the invitations. I always knew I would make them by hand, but I had no idea how hard it would be to begin the process.

I used inspiration from a painting of a tree I made that is now hanging above our fireplace.
Here are a couple pieces from our invite:The piece on the left is a folder, unfolded. It will contain all the little bits of information such as directions, reception card and an "about the Pineapples" card. (Most of the guests only know one of us.)

Hopefully, I will be able to begin production on these soon. I have a feeling they are going to take a thousand hours of assembly! (Well, maybe not a thousand.)

No comments: