Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Showered with Love: Highlights & Hostesses

The Pineapple shower was, well, very Pineappley. There were handmade and illustrated pineapple mirror favors, pineapple punch, pineapple presents and I was dressed like a pineapple.

My hostesses, Sister Pineapple and Bridesmaid Katie, were amazing. My mom helped me shop for thwir thank you gifts since she lives in south Florida where pineapples are quite popular.
We gave them this wacky pineapple bag:

Inside the bags and under the wrapping was a lime mojito candle and a huge bar of pineapple soap. It smells so good, but the taste leaves something to be desired.

Mom Pineapple and I baked a lot of little cupcakes and one realllly big cupcake.

The amount of time and effort Katie and Krissy put into the shower was so incredibly touching. Hopefully, I can do the same for them sometime soon (**cough cough** Alex **cough**).
The Pineapple ladies: Nana, me, Mom and Sister Pineapple Krissy

We played two games in addition to the cake decorating contest. The first game was really hard. Katie asked Mr. Pineapple two sets of questions a few days before the shower. The first set of questions were about him and the second set were about me. My job was to give Katie the same answers that Ryan did. For every question I got wrong I had to chew a piece of bubble gum. Oh man I had soooo much gum in my mouth at once no pictures will follow. I am pretty sure Mr. P got some of the questions about himself wrong. He said he likes to watch hockey live when really his favorite sport live is baseball, no matter what he thinks. ;)

Second, we played bridal bingo. Sister Pineapple made the cards with words that described me such as "Line Dancing," "Pineapple," and "Weddingbee!"

Mr. Pineapple and I don't really have a traditional division of labor in our home. I do all the home improvement and he does all the cooking. Most of the gifts from his family were cooking related, including a copy of the family cookbook. Do you think they are trying to tell me something?

Mom Pineapple gave me a box of fun things for the bachelorette party later that night. Including a pink cowboy hat and boas for all the girls (and one boy). We went to my favorite place of all time, Saddle Ridge. I line danced so much I was disgusting, but I kept the hat on the entire night. The party was so much fun, everyone line danced all night (even those who thought they hated country music) and I was even handcuffed at one point!

What were some of the highlights of your bridal shower?

No comments: