Monday, September 29, 2008

A Wedding in a Week: Rehearsal Dinner and Cake

Believe it or not we had a rehearsal dinner for our quicky wedding. Well, at least that is what we are calling it. Friday night my parents, Mr. Pineapple, myself, and Oliver & Rooney the dogs roasted hot dogs and marshmallows down at the pond where we live.
Our house is the white one you can see off in the distance. We live on a 100 acre farm, which is very relaxing during crazy times like these.
Rooney spent the RD eating sticks and choking on acorns.
As you can see it was COLD. Here I am rocking about 5 layers including a massive CMU sweatshirt. I am one beautiful bride.

Here is Mr. Pineapple making our gourmet hot dogs.

Earlier in the day Mom Pineapple and I baked the wedding cake. When I was a very little girl, I used to watch my mom's cake decorating videos over and over. I was most amazed by the frosting roses, that were made so effortlessly. My dad also tells stories of his mom's amazing wedding cakes. So, when I had to opportunity to test my own skills, I jumped at the chance. I was really hoping I would be the next Bob Ross of cake decorating. Turns out, not so much. I think I need more practice, our cake looks like it has spikey hair. :)
Luckily it tasted better than it looked!

Did you ever try your hand at cake decorating? Any tips for me? (Like avoiding all those peaks on top of my dollops.)

1 comment:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi emil;y
the cake still looks good and has visual appeal