Friday, September 19, 2008

A Wedding in a Week: The Last Day

When you first decide to get married everyone tells you "the wedding will be here in no time!" Boy oh boy were they right! It feels like it has only been a week! Wait a minute... it has. :)

So today is my last day as a single girl. We still have a few things left on our to do list before tomorrow. For one, Mom Pineapple and I are going to bake a wedding cake. It won't be anything fancy, but it will be white. Mr. Pineapple and I are also going to pick up some flowers from the local market. Then I will attempt a DIY handle wrapped bouquet. Finally, we have to plan the reception. And by reception I mean decide where we want to go to dinner after the ceremony.

How do I feel?
Physically, I am as sick as a dog. I'm pretty sure a few days ago I swallowed a golf ball and it lodged itself in my throat then spontaneously combusted. I also forget what it is like to breathe out of both sides of my nose at the same time. This is what my body does when I get stressed. I attempted to graduate from college with 103.8 degree fever and failed. (Still got my degree though, no worries.)

Emotionally, it is just starting to hit me that tomorrow I will be married. It was hard for this wedding to seem "real" after planning our October wedding to such detail for the last year. Plus according to Facebook our wedding is still 29 days away, so how could it be tomorrow?

Yesterday Mr. Pineapple wrote the most amazing ceremony I could ever imagine. Once I reached the line "Ryan, you may kiss your bride," it hit me like a ton of bricks. Mr. Pineapple will be my husband tomorrow. And I am the luckiest girl in the world.

1 comment:

DK Designs said...

Congrats Emily and Ryan! Enjoy today. :)