Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Invitations!

Yesterday my friend, coworker and all-time favorite Pittsburgh sculptor, Tim Kaulen, shot some photos of my invitations so I could finally share them with you. (These web images, all of which you should be able to click to enlarge a little, don't quite do Tim's photos justice, but you'll get the gist.) So without further ado:


They were made the old fashion way with an ink jet printer, card stock and a whole lot of elbow grease. When you open the envelope there are two pieces: the primary invitation and a folder containing the details for the ceremony and reception.


The invitation design was inspired by this painting of a tree I made for our home (above). I thought it was a nice way to tie in something personal as well as the season.


This is a shot of the folder open. The inside is a copper pattern I have used on a few other wedding projects, such as return address labels for the save the dates. The folder contains four pieces: map/accommodations/directions card, reply envelope, reply card and an about Ryan and Emily card. (aka the Pineapples :) )


Here is a close-up of the about Ryan and Emily card. I wrote a little blurb about Mr. Pineapple and he wrote one about me. We thought this was a cute was to introduce each other's guests to the other.


Here is the reply card, it is fairly straight forward. I have written out the names of the guests on the cards already. This was there is no confusion about menu selections and i don't have to worry about people forgetting to write their names. Additionally, this should help avoid any confusion about who is invited. I made two versions of the card, one for couples and one for singles.


Here is a close-up of the downtown Pittsburgh map. The street grid is based on a triangle rather than a square... everyone is going to get lost. I put directions and accommodation info on the back of this card. I didn't bother taking a photo of that side because it is purely text.

I cannot wait to send them out! I am about a month early, which is good because we don't have a return address for the reply envelopes yet!

Did anyone else have to wait to send out their invitations because of a move?

No comments: