Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Rivers Club: Venue Review


When Mr. Pineapple and I first started looking for venues we did most of our search online. We stumbled upon the Rivers Club, in downtown Pittsburgh, and set up an appointment not expecting much. When we met with the coordinator, Emily, we were very impressed. She was kind and up front with us about their pricing. (The only other place we visited was very reluctant to tell us the bottom line, one they did we could tell why.) After looking around for a couple more days and not finding something as nice and as simple as the Rivers Club we put down our deposit.


Emily the Event Coordinator
I liked the Rivers Club, but I didn't love the Rivers Club until the day of our wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect. We were able to get in first thing in the morning to begin setting up the reception. Emily had offered to do all the set-up herself, but I felt guilty leaving it all up to one person and I figured I DIY'ed everything else, why not the set up too? Plus I had the help of all my lovely bridesmaids and Momma P's help.

Once four o'clock drew closer Emily was always by my side. Everything went shockingly well. I don't know how she did it, but somehow she was in a thousand places at one time. All of those little things that didn't get done before we started getting ready were magically perfect. If there was something that went wrong, I had no idea.


The Rivers Club Staff
After the ceremony Mr. P and I were introduced to the woman who would be our server for the evening. She was the first of the incredible wait staff that we were to meet that evening. This was one of the things were heard the most that evening "I cannot believe how nice everyone is here." Free-Jay DJ Mike even got a few of them out on the dance floor.


The Accommodations
Included in our per person cost was the food, open bar, cake, dance floor, speakers and mic, and reception/ceremony set-up. This made it really easy for us, we ended up only needing one other vendor the day of our wedding. The best part of all the accommodations was that there was no minimum. When our estimated guest list went from 110 to 70 we were still treated like we were the most important couple to ever be married there.

Final Grade: A+

Rivers Club
One Oxford Centre
301 Grant Street, Suite 411
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
412-391-5227 ext 262
412-391-5016 fax
http://www.riversclubevents.com/

What are you looking forward to most about your venue?

No comments: