Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Being Accommodating

When Mr. P and I first set out to reserve a block of hotel rooms for our guests we went to a hotel within walking distance of my favorite pseudo honky tonk, Saddle Ridge. Unfortunately, the rate was higher than we were hoping and our guests would have to walk across the windy Smithfield Street Bridge to get the the wedding. The wedding coordinator for the Rivers Club Recommended we contact the Omni William Penn Hotel, just a couple blocks away.

The beautiful Omni William Penn is rated 5 stars by trip adviser, so I didn't get my hopes up about an affordable rate. Fortunately, I was wrong. The rate was much lower than the other hotel and they provide a free shuttle to and from the Rivers Club. Each guest will receive a ticket for the shuttle and when they are ready to head in for the night, they can call the shuttle for a ride.

Here is a view out of one of the rooms at the Omni. Below you can see Mellon Park, where Mr. Pineapple and I will see each other for the first time and where we will be taking our portraits.

Here is a shot of the exterior of the Omni, nestled right in the middle of downtown.

Here is a guest room at the hotel, this one is probably fancier than the ones we have reserved.
Mr. P and I will also be staying at the Omni the night before and the night of the wedding. Don't tell our guests ;) I am very excited to be staying in such a lovely Pittsburgh landmark.

Where will you be staying the night of your wedding?

No comments: