Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love Again: Portraits

The Rehearsal, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsal Dinner Gifts, Getting Ready, First Glance


This post could be alternately titled "The Pineapples Publicly Display Affection." Mellon Park is a popular spot for skateboarding teens and pooping pigeons. Luckily, I think we managed to scare off both. We did have a small audience of on-lookers, one of whom said to her husband "Look at those beautiful flowers!" She must have been wondering how we managed to get peonies in October.

© Mary Mervis Photography

Here is a little bit of proof that your bridesmaids don't have to wear the same thing to look stunning. I purchased the shawls at H&M for $9 a piece, which was a pretty sweet deal. I chose the colors based on what I thought each girl would like the most. I had pretty much thrown the "wedding colors" concept out then window by that point.

© Mary Mervis Photography

Here at the boys all wearing different gray suits and ties we gave to them that sort-of matched.


All of the groomsmen have jobs that already required suits except for one, Mike (aka our free-j). Luckily, since he is an actor he was able to rent his suit from a costume shop. Talk about using your resources wisely.

© Mary Mervis Photography

I am not sure what the concrete stage thing we are standing on was originally intended for, but it was a great spot for our photos.

© Mary Mervis Photography

Have you noticed how we are on the verge of laughter in many of the photos? Well, Mr. Pineapple kept burping and blowing in my face. Awe, memories.

© Mary Mervis Photography

This is one of my favorite photos from the day. I'm not normally a fan of the tilt/wacky angle, but this one is an exception.

© Mary Mervis Photography

© Mingwei Tay Photography

There is that sun again! Wow, I really cannot wait for spring!

© Mary Mervis Photography

Time to head back to the River's Club, pluck some fall leaves out from my crinoline, reapply a little lipstick and get hitched (again)!

Are you planning to have portraits taken at your ceremony site or somewhere else?

No comments: