Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Love Again: I Thee Wed

The Rehearsal, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsal Dinner Gifts, Getting Ready, First Glance, Portraits, Loved Always,
Pre-Ceremony

Hello Hive! Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mrs. Pineapple and I am a slacker bee. 2009 has been a pretty rough year in the Pineapple household - health, money, friends, family - you name it and it has gone wackadoodle. I am very excited to have some time carved out of my new crazy schedule to finish sharing our wedding with you, the best is still yet to come!

My father has always been fairly reserved, but the moments leading up to him handing me off to Ryan he was absolutely beaming.

Walking down the aisle toward Mr. Pineapple was an amazing few moments. Although we had a fairly small number of guests there was an incredible energy in the room. The bride is supposed to walk slowly and take her time getting to the groom, but I just wanted to break free from my father and run up to Mr. P and give him an epic hug.



I have to admit, most of the photos of me from the ceremony are a little silly looking. I spent most of the time fighting back tears or a massive grin. It was amazing to hear the words that Mr. Pineapple had written for our ceremony. I wish I could marry him again, everyday.


Mr. Pineapple and I held hands throughout the ceremony. I didn't want to let go of him. I wanted to be able to squeeze him and really be there in the moment with him.

© Mary Mervis Photography

Bridesmaid Kim and I have been friends since the fourth grade when we suffered through Ms. Greenhill's class together. Even when we were nine years old Kim had a voice much much bigger than her tiny little frame. I used to make her sing on the bus and I would tape record her. Her voice amazed me and I was her biggest fan. Kim is an amazing friend who I know will always be there for me and I am so lucky that she was able to sing to us on our wedding day.


Finally it was time to let got of Mr. Pineapple's hand and pull him close for the kiss.


After we got back down the aisle and we were alone for just a couple moments, Mr. Pineapple picked me up and gave me a huge hug. This was one of the best moments of the entire night.

© Mary Mervis Photography

What moment are you most looking forward to?

No comments: