Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love Again: Loved Always

The Rehearsal, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsal Dinner Gifts, Getting Ready, First Glance, Portraits


When I began my recaps for Weddingbee Mr. Pineapple asked me if I would be able to mention his mom, even though she would not be in any of the photographs. I have never explained our reason for getting married early to the hive, it just never seemed like the right time. Well, now is as good as any, I suppose.

Mr. Pineapple's mom was very sick last September so Mr. P and I decided to get married early, just in case she was not going to be able to make it to our October wedding. We wanted, more than anything, to be able to share our wedding day with our parents. So, the wedding in a week took place. My father flew to Pennsylvania from Florida where he joined my mother who had been staying with Mr. P and I. The day after Mr. Pineapple's mom was released from the hospital, she and Mr. P's step-dad were able to see us marry. Just last week Mr. Pineapple's mom passed away after fighting cancer with strength and courage for nine years. The services were attended by over 600 people and an amazing tribute to her life. She will always be loved and dearly missed.

No comments: