Monday, June 16, 2008

The Big Picture

I have shared with you a lot of the little details of our wedding, but have yet to give any sort of "big picture" visual. What better way to do so than to create one of the ever so popular inspiration boards. (I guess a few of the images below are no longer inspiration since they have been created and/or paid for.)

you can click to enlarge
{cake and bridesmaids images, suit}

What kind of look is it? Well, I don't really know. The colors are fall-ish, but more muted. The style is a bit vintage with the paper roses. The clay flowers, miss-matched attire and cowboy boots make it slightly off-beat. So, I guess it could be called Favinoff. The visual I have been going for is soft, warm and romantic without being too girly.

When I imagined my someday wedding, I always pictured bold modern colors, like teal and brown or all white with punches of raspberry. Once we had our venue selected I realized it wasn't completely up to me, it was also up to our space. In addition the dress and my rose gold ring influenced many color choices.

Even though it isn't exactly the color palette of my dreams, I have fallen in love with it. The colors are not a major player in the game, but will hopefully tie everything together in the end.

Did your color palette just kind of happen once you had a few of the major elements selected? Is anyone planning a wedding without a specific color palette in mind?

No comments: